Histon and Impington Garage & Yard Sale > Tips For Sellers
Tips For Sellers
- Start sorting your unwanted treasures (or clutter if you prefer!) well ahead of time to avoid forgetting items that are in the loft, shed or back of the garage.
- Try to start your sale on time, people may plan their route around the village and may not come back to your street if they find other interesting things elsewhere.
- Greet your customers as they arrive. It is polite and it identifies you as the proprietor of the sale.
- Take your cue from the customer on the amount of interaction they want. Some may be focussed solely on finding the bargains other people may be pleased to stop for a chat.
- Try and answer questions quickly, accurately and of course truthfully.
- Do not have a complicated pricing system, it isn’t necessary to price every item but some notices may be useful e.g. All paperbacks 50 pence.
- Customers will probably want to be left alone to browse.
- Depending on the weather you may want to set up a gazebo or have your sale in your garage if it happens to be raining.
- Have plenty of small change available and also a safe place to keep the money you receive.
- Have newspaper available to wrap breakables in and carrier bags for purchases.
- You will make more money on items that are clean, polished and washed, start preparing early.